Overcome Procrastination and Just Write
7 Surprisingly Simple Strategies for Getting Your Words Flowing
- Are you a speaker who comes alive in front of an audience but feels paralyzed when you sit down to write?
- Do you set lofty goals for your writing only to get sidelined by procrastination?
- Are you tired of battling alone the voice of self-doubt that whispers, “Who do you think you are?” and “Nobody will read what you write!
- Do you get a strong start but quickly hit the dreaded writer's block?
- Is there a book inside of you, but you have no a clue how to get it out?
Imagine what it will be like to consistently …
- … silence your doubts, fears, insecurities, and distractions.
- … feel so eager to write that you can't wait to sneak in a bit more time.
- … move creative ideas out of your head and into a functional first draft.
- ... serve your audience through your unique story, message, and voice
- … receive notes that say, “Your words were just what I needed today!”
"No one knows (or has exploited) Cheri’s skills as a coach, mentor, and writing friend like me.
Cheri has helped me lessen the fear of getting my thoughts down on the page, created a structure for me to do my best work, and challenged me to grow in my skills as a writer."
~ Kathi Lipp, author of 18 books and founder of Communicator Academy
Hi! I’m Cheri Gregory, and I was born with “the gift of the gab.” Words came so naturally to me, I was sure writing would be easy-peasy.
For much of my life, I had a love-hate relationship with writing: I loved the idea of being a writer but hated the struggle. As a student, as a blogger, and even as an author, I’ve constantly wondered:
Why is writing so hard for me? What am I doing wrong?
Determined to answer these questions, I immersed myself in an intense decade of training, coaching, and mentoring. In the process of paradigm shifting and skill building, I made a game-changing discovery:
I am a social writer, not a solitary writer.
Armed with this epiphany, I developed a personal writing process that’s tailored just for me. If you’re a social writer, too, you can learn a personal writing process that’s a perfect fit for you!
I'm an international speaker, educator, blogger, podcaster, author, and English teacher (but please don't hold that last one against me!) Above all else, I am a collaborator.
You may know me as
- co-author of You Don't Have to Try So Hard and Overwhelmed with Kathi Lipp
- co-host of the Grit 'n' Grace podcast and co-author of Exhale with Amy Carroll
- co-author of Sensitive and Strong with Denise J. Hughes
I'd love to get to know you and serve as your coach ... Write Beside You!
"I prefer verbal communication over writing. I wanted to quit writing and pour my efforts into anything but writing.
I learned more about writing from Cheri in one 30 minute teaching than I have in my entire life.
Cheri not only helped me see that it is not time to give up on writing, but has lit a fire under me to continue pressing into what doesn’t come easily or naturally to me."
~ Mary Lou Caskey, Christian life coach, speaker, and blogger
StartBefore You Begin (6:02)
StartStrategy #1: Start With Why (5:40)
StartStrategy #2: Reset Your Mindset (5:54)
StartStrategy #3: Set a Goal You Can Control (4:04)
StartStrategy #4: Prep for Success (6:29)
StartStrategy #5: Give Right Brain Free Rein (5:00)
StartStrategy #6: Focus. (5:40)
StartStrategy #7: Care and Share (but Don't Compare) (3:59)
StartFrom Now On (2:36)
"I always feel like I’m on top of the world, as my best self, CAPABLE of doing what I was gifted to do when I step away from a coaching call!"
~ Kelsee Keitel, blogger at Detangled & Free
Frequently Asked Questions
"Thank you so much. I am so thrilled to be working with you. Your feedback it making a real difference and I am learning so much."
~ Shadia Hrichi, author of Hagar: Rediscovering the God Who Sees Me