Overcome Procrastination and Just Write
7 Surprisingly Simple Strategies for Getting Your Words Flowing
- Are you a speaker who comes alive in front of an audience but feels paralyzed when you sit down to write?
- Do you set lofty goals for your writing only to get sidelined by procrastination?
- Are you tired of battling alone the voice of self-doubt that whispers, “Who do you think you are?” and “Nobody will read what you write!
- Do you get a strong start but quickly hit the dreaded writer's block?
- Is there a book inside of you, but you have no a clue how to get it out?
Imagine what it will be like to consistently …
- … silence your doubts, fears, insecurities, and distractions.
- … feel so eager to write that you can't wait to sneak in a bit more time.
- … move creative ideas out of your head and into a functional first draft.
- ... serve your audience through your unique story, message, and voice
- … receive notes that say, “Your words were just what I needed today!”
"No one knows (or has exploited) Cheri’s skills as a coach, mentor, and writing friend like me.
Cheri has helped me lessen the fear of getting my thoughts down on the page, created a structure for me to do my best work, and challenged me to grow in my skills as a writer."
~ Kathi Lipp, author of 18 books and founder of Communicator Academy
Hi! I’m Cheri Gregory, and I was born with “the gift of the gab.” Words came so naturally to me, I was sure writing would be easy-peasy.
For much of my life, I had a love-hate relationship with writing: I loved the idea of being a writer but hated the struggle. As a student, as a blogger, and even as an author, I’ve constantly wondered:
Why is writing so hard for me? What am I doing wrong?
Determined to answer these questions, I immersed myself in an intense decade of training, coaching, and mentoring. In the process of paradigm shifting and skill building, I made a game-changing discovery:
I am a social writer, not a solitary writer.
Armed with this epiphany, I developed a personal writing process that’s tailored just for me. If you’re a social writer, too, you can learn a personal writing process that’s a perfect fit for you!
I'm an international speaker, educator, blogger, podcaster, author, and English teacher (but please don't hold that last one against me!) Above all else, I am a collaborator.
I've contributed to or co-authored more than a dozen books, including Overwhelmed and You Don't Have to Try so Hard, both co-authored with Kathi Lipp. I co-host the Grit 'n' Grace podcast with Amy Carroll.
In 2018, I'm thrilled to be writing three new books and preparing to launch a new eCourse called "How to Be a Better Writer in 5 Simple Steps: a Proven Plan for Serving Your Readers with Confidence, Consistency, and Distinctive Content"!
"I prefer verbal communication over writing. I wanted to quit writing and pour my efforts into anything but writing.
I learned more about writing from Cheri in one 30 minute teaching than I have in my entire life.
Cheri not only helped me see that it is not time to give up on writing, but has lit a fire under me to continue pressing into what doesn’t come easily or naturally to me."
~ Mary Lou Caskey, Christian life coach, speaker, and blogger
StartBefore You Begin (6:02)
StartStrategy #1: Start With Why (5:40)
StartStrategy #2: Reset Your Mindset (5:54)
StartStrategy #3: Set a Goal You Can Control (4:04)
StartStrategy #4: Prep for Success (6:29)
StartStrategy #5: Give Right Brain Free Rein (5:00)
StartStrategy #6: Focus. (5:40)
StartStrategy #7: Care and Share (but Don't Compare) (3:59)
StartFrom Now On (2:36)
"I always feel like I’m on top of the world, as my best self, CAPABLE of doing what I was gifted to do when I step away from a coaching call!"
~ Kelsee Keitel, blogger at Detangled & Free
Frequently Asked Questions
"Thank you so much. I am so thrilled to be working with you. Your feedback it making a real difference and I am learning so much."
~ Shadia Hrichi, author of Hagar: Rediscovering the God Who Sees Me